Coronavirus: We are re-opening on 6th July
It is good to be back after three months of enforced inactivity and we are looking forward to helping the many people who have been having a difficult time through lack of treatment.
After re-opening we will be operating slightly differently to before in order to protect the health and well-being of both our patients and staff. We are following the guidance from the Government, Public Health England and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and are confident that our new procedures will make the Clinic a safe and positive experience for everyone.
Making an appointment will be a bit different
Please call the Clinic on 01229 827717 to make an appointment. If we are not able to answer your call immediately please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The current guidance means that we will not be able to offer everybody face-to-face appointments and we are introducing video appointments using Skype, Zoom and WhatsApp to deal with less urgent or severe problems. When you call for an appointment our receptionists will ask you if a video appointment is acceptable to you.
If you would prefer a face-to-face appointment the receptionist will go through a screening checklist covering the problem you need help with and issues relating to the coronavirus. The receptionist may arrange for one of our physios to call you. This will tell us if you are in a high risk group and whether your problem can be dealt with face-to-face or only by a video appointment.
What happens next depends on whether you have made a video appointment or are being seen face-to-face.
Face-to-Face Appointments: Essential Information
This is a brief summary of how face-to-face appointments will be different during the coronavirus pandemic. More detailed information is available here
- Don’t arrive early for your appointment. If you do wait outside
- The front door will be locked. When you arrive ring the door bell and wait for the receptionist or physio to open the door
- Come alone if you can. We need to know the name and a contact telephone number of anyone coming with you who will enter the Clinic as we have to screen them as well
- Bring your own towel if possible, otherwise bring as little as possible with you
- On entry use the hand sanitiser provided
- Observe 1m social distancing in the Clinic at all times
- Your physio will be wearing a surgical mask, PVC apron, gloves and in some circumstances eye protection
- Bring your own mask or scarf, or we can supply a disposable surgical mask for £1
- We are disinfecting treatment rooms and other public areas between every patient
- Please do not use the toilet facilities if at all possible
- Payment is by card only. To cover the additional costs due to the coronavirus an initial assessment now costs £45 and treatment sessions £40
Video Appointments: Essential Information
This is a brief summary of how video appointments will work for people familiar with the technology. If you have not used video conferencing before more detailed information is available here.
- the appointment will be with Pinar
- you need a Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp account and you will need to give us your user name, e-mail address and a contact phone number when you make the appointment
- you need somewhere private for the session
- you need to log-on five minutes before the appointment and wait for the physio to invite you to the conversation
- we will send instructions for exercises after the session
- the cost is £30 for an Initial Assessment lasting 30 minutes and £20 for a Treatment Session lasting 20 minutes. You can pay by card over the phone beforehand or give your card details at the beginning of the session